- RT @Ostrov_A: Wait for explanation how an @UNRWA 'health clinic' came to be booby-trapped (killing 3 #IDF soldiers) bit.ly/1qnVLtn.… 1 hour ago
- RT @RobLowe: Ever wondered what a GREAT agent does? They get Dolf Lundgren's photo the same size as Harrison Ford's on the poster for The E… 1 hour ago
- What happens when a Russia Today reporter accidentially tweets the truth: hurryupharry.org/2014/07/30/ham… 1 hour ago
- RT @wrmead: The totalitarian temptation is alive and well in Hungary, with Viktor Orban sounding increasingly like Putin's… http://t.co/4Md… 2 hours ago
- RT @mensdivorcenews: Divorcing Men Face Pervasive Gender Stereotypes in Family Court buff.ly/1rNCMwR 6 hours ago
Category Archives: Media
As a longtime fan of Steyn’s writing, I’m disappointed to see him doing pretty much everything you should never do when you’re the defendant in a defamation suit: In 2012—after writers for National Review and a prominent conservative think tank accused him of … Continue reading
Book Review – Without Honour: The True Story of the Shafia Family and the Kingston Canal Murders by Rob Tripp
[Originally posted at Canadian Lawyer] “My children did a lot of cruelty toward me.” – Mohammad Shafia, testifying at his trial for murdering his first wife and three daughters His daughters’ “cruelty” manifested itself in several ways: wearing revealing and immodest … Continue reading
It is understandable that friends and family members would instinctively rush to the defense of loved ones accused of a terrible crime. And, of course, they’re innocent until proven guilty, and there may be details about the Rehtaeh Parsons case … Continue reading
The good news is, Donald Trump or Bill Maher will lose this case. The bad news is, Donald Trump or Bill Maher will win this case: Donald Trump is filing a lawsuit against Bill Maher for failing to live up to an “unconditional … Continue reading
Not all child stars end up like Lindsay Lohan. Business Insider lists six who went on to become successful lawyers, like Charlie Korsmo from Dick Tracy and Hook: Law School: Yale Undergraduate: MIT — Physics Current job: Law professor at Case Western Reserve University School … Continue reading
Bitter Lawyer follows up. Marcia Clark is now a “special correspondent” for Entertainment Tonight, which is just seems too perfect.
[This review originally appeared at CanadianLawyerMag.com.] I went into the Iranian film A Separation expecting a film about, well, a separation. And on its surface, the movie is about the breakdown of a marriage between two upper-middle-class professionals in Tehran, and the … Continue reading
ABC News looks at…wait a minute…Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting divorced? Why isn’t this getting more media attention?!? The divorce of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, both bold-faced names and members of the Church of Scientology, shines a light on … Continue reading
Update: it wasn’t just CNN. Looks like people at many media outlets, in their rush to break the news first, read up to page 2 of the written decision and jumped to conclusions.