- RT @bethanyshondark: WOW. RT @BuzzFeedNews: Amanda Bynes in a Manhattan court today following last night's arrest (photo: @nypost) http://t… 4 hours ago
- @RobBreakenridge @michaelshermer You'd think she would have seen this coming. 6 hours ago
- RT @jtLOL: Woolwich attacks: Two men arrested over 'offensive Twitter comments about Lee Rigby's death' bit.ly/18mYQBK Priorities. 6 hours ago
- Dorothy Inglis's columns always made my blood boil, but I guess that's a columnist's job. May she rest in peace: cbc.ca/news/canada/ne… 6 hours ago
- Confession time: I think even the "best" Scotch tastes like rubbing alcohol. 6 hours ago
Category Archives: Media
Book Review – Without Honour: The True Story of the Shafia Family and the Kingston Canal Murders by Rob Tripp
[Originally posted at Canadian Lawyer] “My children did a lot of cruelty toward me.” – Mohammad Shafia, testifying at his trial for murdering his first wife and three daughters His daughters’ “cruelty” manifested itself in several ways: wearing revealing and immodest … Continue reading
It is understandable that friends and family members would instinctively rush to the defense of loved ones accused of a terrible crime. And, of course, they’re innocent until proven guilty, and there may be details about the Rehtaeh Parsons case … Continue reading
The good news is, Donald Trump or Bill Maher will lose this case. The bad news is, Donald Trump or Bill Maher will win this case: Donald Trump is filing a lawsuit against Bill Maher for failing to live up to an “unconditional … Continue reading
Not all child stars end up like Lindsay Lohan. Business Insider lists six who went on to become successful lawyers, like Charlie Korsmo from Dick Tracy and Hook: Law School: Yale Undergraduate: MIT — Physics Current job: Law professor at Case Western Reserve University School … Continue reading
Bitter Lawyer follows up. Marcia Clark is now a “special correspondent” for Entertainment Tonight, which is just seems too perfect.
[This review originally appeared at CanadianLawyerMag.com.] I went into the Iranian film A Separation expecting a film about, well, a separation. And on its surface, the movie is about the breakdown of a marriage between two upper-middle-class professionals in Tehran, and the … Continue reading
ABC News looks at…wait a minute…Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting divorced? Why isn’t this getting more media attention?!? The divorce of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, both bold-faced names and members of the Church of Scientology, shines a light on … Continue reading
Update: it wasn’t just CNN. Looks like people at many media outlets, in their rush to break the news first, read up to page 2 of the written decision and jumped to conclusions.
Bloggers sometimes refer to a “48-hour rule,” which states that people should hold off making sweeping judgments about a news story until sufficient time has passed for all the facts to be known. The face-eater case from Florida, supposedly a … Continue reading
Awesome: Via Warming Glow.